Your kitchen is the central focal point of your home, whether it’s cooking, cleaning, doing homework or gathering with friends. Having a functional and performing space will make all the difference!
We provide fast and thorough residential plumbing services, so your kitchen sink will soon be back to normal. From slow draining, active clogs, or disposal and dishwasher issues, we are equipped to quickly diagnose and fix it.
Backed up drains are our most common calls. Home drains tend to build up with grease and food debris that accumulates and creates an even larger problem. Clearing these clogs requires a professional’s experience in assessing the situation. Otherwise, cabling doesn’t fully remove the buildup and you’ll have another clog before long.
Sinks and Disposals
Common Faucet Problems
Nothing is more irritating than a constantly dripping faucet. The experts at State 48 drain services can quickly diagnose the underlaying problem to stop the leak and get your faucet drip-free. Some of the most common causes of a leaking faucets include:
- WORN OUT VALVE SEAT: The spout is connected to the faucet through the valve seat. Over time, sediment builds up in the valve seat and causes it to leak. Arizona is well known for having hard water so it is a common problem.
- BROKEN WASHERS: When the faucet is on, a washer presses into the valve seat. If the washer breaks or gets worn out, it will cause a leak. This is also very common over time.
- O-RING ISSUES: If your faucet is dripping near the handle, it’s usually due to a worn-out or broken O-ring, an easy fix.
Reasons to Replace Your Sink
Many homeowners will choose to replace their sink for aesthetic design purposes. If the kitchen is being updated, it makes sense to upgrade the sink to match the look of the new appliances. Another reason to replace the sink is more practical; if the sink is leaking or spilling water behind the counter, it should be replaced. Spilling water around the counter will eventually cause water damage and rot your counter. A loose seal flange or broken drain basket are other issues that would require a replacement.
Don’t rely on DIY methods. Trust us with professional drain cleaning solutions from our knowledgeable technicians.
Tips for Maintaining your Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals are commonly used daily. It’s a big part of any meal cleanup. If your garbage disposal is not working reliably, it could seriously disrupt your routine. Try some of these professional tips to maintain your garbage disposal:
- Never put hard items like bones, shells, or potato peels in the unit. It will jam or ruin the blades.
- If you have a lot of material to dispose of, do it in small stages to not overload the system.
- Always run warm water through the unit during and after running the disposal, to quickly clear the blades from debris.
- Never attempt DIY garbage disposal repairs, it could result in serious injury.